Sunday, July 12, 2009

This Is My Daughter




As a little girl, maybe not so little, whenever I was upset about something I would go to my room and get out my big soft black blanket. I would put on my grandmothers old high heeled shoes, they were clear vinyl with rhinestones, cover myself with the blanket, and crawl out to wherever the family was. This way they would all be sure to know that I was upset, or needed attention.
Without ever telling my kids about these times all three of them have put blankets over their heads and paraded around the house.
Yesterday Steve's sister's family came over and Dahlia came marching into the living room covered in her blanket. She giggled and laughed and had all the attention in the room. She is definately my daughter.

1 comments:

Mary said...

I could totally see you doing this as a kid.