Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pack Meeting


The boys were asked to bring something they collect this month. Neil said right away that he wanted to bring his coin collection. I knew that he collected quarters, but I thought that was because Grandma collected them for him. Then he started pulling out penny books and nickel books and a jar of coins that he had that were really special to him. I had no idea that he REALLY collected coins.
So, being brave, I ventured down to Las Vegas to a coin shop right by the airport and Sunset park and picked up cardboard coin holders and sheet protectors so he could organize all his loose coins. I set them all out on his desk to surprise him when he came home from school.
He was so excited. He set right to work putting the coins in, stapling the holder shut and organizing them in the binder. Sometimes I wish that I paid more attention. We could have done this a long time ago.

1 comments:

Mary said...

that's great! funny that you just now discovered it too!